Saturday, 18th - Sunday, 19th July 2020
A two-day club regatta with three races for each of River Cruisers and Allcomers
Venue: Club Moorings
With the Government easing lock down restrictions, and having consulted with Broads Beat, the Broads Authority and the RYA, the EACC Committee has decided that the Summer Regatta may go ahead on 18th / 19th July on the understanding that members respect the Government guidelines on Covid 19 and that if circumstances change this decision may be reversed so keep an eye on the website
A risk assessment has been undertaken by the committee, considering members’ concerns and hopefully enabling participants to feel as safe as possible with the arrangements made. The committee recognises that some members may still not feel comfortable participating in this event. The decision on whether to participate or not must rest entirely with individual members.
The racing will follow the normal format as shown in the accompanying programme, but please note the following special provisos which take precedence over the sailing instructions:
- Entries to all 3 races must be made by 6pm Friday 17th July using the email link at the bottom of the regatta programme below. There will be no briefing and no signing in.
- Entrants will be signed up to a Summer Regatta WhatsApp group which may be used to communicate further information as needed.
ON THE MOORINGS
- The Club moorings will be strictly limited to those running the racing and manning the safety boat. Mooring holders who are participating may of course access their boats but are requested not to return to their moorings until after the racing has finished and the race team have vacated the site.
- There will be no evening social activity and the club BBQ will not be available (RYA guidance) and there is to be no mooring on the club frontage overnight.
- Competitors and safety boat crew are required to wear personal floatation devices to reduce any potential demand on safety (RYA guidance).
- Manning the safety boat will be carried out by members of the same household or ‘bubble’.
- We have only commissioned one safety boat for use this year so rescue facilities may be limited. In an emergency, please post a message on the Summer Regatta WhatsApp Group and the safety boat will respond. There will be no ferrying of club members to or from the Club site with the exception of those involved in the race management unless an emergency arises (RYA guidance).
- All the equipment used on the club site and on the safety boat will be sanitised before and after use and OODs and safety boat crews will wear gloves as appropriate.
The OODs will set a course which will be displayed on the boards at the start line along with details of any split starts. The exact position of the marks may be communicated via the WhatsApp group if necessary.
Saturday - Thurne Roundabout
As in recent years this will be a charity race. Due to Covid 19 we do not wish to be handling cash, so donations should be sent to the EACC account (sort code 20-53-06 account no 40345601 ref: Charity Entry Fee) The suggested entry fee is £1 for each helm/race entered. This donation will go to Norfolk Schools Sailing Association, the club's designated charity for this year.
Race Officer: Paul Stevens
11:00 - 16.00
River Cruisers and Allcomers - Race 1 - Thurne Roundabout
Trophies: Cooke Cup (RCC) Current Holder: Brian Wilkins: Catspaw
Ebbage Cup (Allcomers) Current Holder: Geoff Angell: Nennen
The course and direction of rounding will be displayed on the course board. Do the three marks of course in any order, starting at any time after 11:00. Please hail the line when you intend to start indicating the direction you intend to cross the line and who will be helming. Any boat not finishing by 16:00 will be timed out. A boat may compete more than once during that period but must have a different helm each time. This year the helm and crew need to be from the same household or support bubble. The option to compete more than once in another boat has been removed as it would be impossible to sanitise effectively.
Evening: There will be no evening social activity due to Covid 19 restrictions. The Club BBQ will NOT be available. Government and RYA guidelines state that we can use our boats for an overnight stay but we regret there will be no mooring on the Club site during the day or overnight apart from berth holders who may return to their moorings overnight.
Sunday - 2 races round the marks
Race Officer: Steve Seeney
11:00 River Cruisers - Race 2 - Around the marks
Trophy: Roy Pike Trophy Current Holder: Paul Stevens - Pippinjack
11:05 Allcomers - Race 2 - Around marks
Trophy: Greyhound Cup Current Holder: Geoff Angell - Nennen
14:00 River Cruisers - Race 3 - Around the marks
Trophy: Filibuster Cup Current Holder: Paul Stevens - Pippinjack
14:05 Allcomers - Race 3 - Around the marks
Trophy: International 14 Trophy Current Holder: Geoff Angell - Nennen